Far and wide there are only vineyards and fruit orchards to be seen and not a trace of a corn field... >
1. The Perish Tower
The lower storeys of Kaltern’s landmark date back to the 14th century. Information on the final building stages of the tower is given on the in-built reliefs bearing the coat of arms of the Tyrolean governors Albrecht von Wolfstein and Berchtold von Gufidaun (1353 –1373). The tower was probably designed in 1500 by either the master builder Burkhard Engelberg, a building contractor from Augsburg who also designed the parish tower in Bozen, or his colleague Jakob Zwitzel.