Far and wide there are only vineyards and fruit orchards to be seen and not a trace of a corn field... >
2. The Parish Church of the Assumption
This parish was first mentioned in 1191. The nave walls date back to the late Roman period, but were rebuilt during the 14th century into the gothic Presbyterian style. In 1400, it was changed once more, this time into a modern polygonal choir, made by master Konrad von Neumarkt. The classical reconstruction was undertaken by Matthäus Wachter between 1791–1793. The ceiling paintings were made by Josef Schöpf.