Far and wide there are only vineyards and fruit orchards to be seen and not a trace of a corn field... >
The relocation of the cemetery was made possible in 1853 as the mystic Maria von Mörl gave up an area of land. The master builder was Georg Gamon. Originally, the arcade on the eastern flank was erected, and by 1875 the cemetery was closed on all sides. In 1988, it was widened eastwards after designs made by the architect Erich Pattis.