The “Kalterersee-Charter” – a seal of quality for one of the most popular red wines... >
At the turn of the last century, noticeable remains of the old fortress Altenburg were found near the Vigilius church. This ancestral castle was first mentioned in 1190 by the knight Schenk von Altenburg, and became extinct with the death of Hildebrand Schenk in 1539. Shortly afterwards the property passed to Leonhard Payr. In the 19th century the last of the ruins were removed.