Wine Tasting Event: Kalterersee-Charter Wines 2016 and other red wines from Caldaro...
6. The Old Cemetery
Up until 1853, Kaltern’s cemetery was situated around the parish church. In the 17th century one part of it shattered to the ground, and the area had to be terraced anew. Old gravestones were hereafter used as floor stones in the old parish church, and later as external walls in the rebuilt church. The stones showing Liechtenstein, Campan and Sölva are worth mentioning. An epitaph on the northern side of the building reminds us of the Paraguayan missionary, Anton Sepp SJ.