The season opening in Caldaro is celebrated with party flair and elegance.
The main structure of this building dates back to the late middle ages and is typical of what the old road to Gand might have looked like at the time. The fresco, visible on the facade, shows St. Ann, Christopher and Jacob the elder. In fact, Christopher and Jacob are known patron saints of pilgrims. Their presence on the exterior of the building is evidence that the house was surely visited by pilgrims on their way along this road. Afterall, St. Jacob often appears as a protector to those on a pilgrimage to his grave in Compostela. The wall painting dates back to 1520 and is one of Kaltern’s rarest examples of the so-called Danube style. The painter probably came from the southern German area.